Tips and Tricks in ExcelNovember 22, 2023
EMPLOYMENT ACT 1955 (Amendments 2022)October 13, 2022
NUR AMIRAH NAIR BINTI ABDULLAH
HR CONSULTANT & TRAINER
- Specialize in guiding employers to understand Malaysian Labour Laws to prevent litigation action by employees.
- Share my knowledge, work experience and hands-on practical experience in managing equitable employer-employee relationship.
- More than 34 years of both public and private sector experience.
- I engage both employers and employees to achieve win-win workplace environment.
- Passionate about training and ensure participants leave feeling fulfilled and better equipped.
- Masters in HRM & Industrial Relations, University of New Castle, Australia.
- Bachelor in Social Science, USM, Penang.
- Diploma in Public Relations IPRM.
- Certificate in Personnel Management MIPM.
- HRD Corp - Train – The – Trainer ( TTT ).
DOMESTIC INQUIRY (Statutory Requirement Process & Procedures)
- Learn what misconduct is.
- Understand importance of Statutory Provisions in relation to misconduct.
- Learn procedural requirements with regard to Domestic Inquiry (D.I.)
- Learn how to conduct and document a D.I.
- Understand how / when a D.I. is considered defective.
- Face to Face.
- Multimedia Presentation.
- Interactive Lectures.
- Q & A.
- Mock D.I.
- Simple and easy to understand and execute.
- Clear delivery of process/ procedure of subject matter.
- Sample formats / form for ease of reference.
- Importance of compliance to avoid expensive litigation.
DAY 1MODULE 1 : INTRODUCTION
- [Activity 1: Test Your IR Application Skills]
- What is a Domestic Inquiry (D.I.)?
- Requirement for a D.I.
- When is a D.I. needed?
- Termination simpliciter.
- Guidelines on D.I.
- What is misconduct?
- Types of misconduct.
- Categories of misconduct.
- Misconduct and dismissal.
- [Activity 2 : QUIZ – Bakery / Bank / Close Proximity]
- Purpose of Investigation.
- Selecting Investigator.
- Investigating Alleged Misconduct.
- Suspension Pending Inquiry.
- Framing Charges.
- Show Cause Letter.
- Explanation form Accused Employee.
- [Activity 3: Who Can Be Appointed As Investigator?]
- What is a Notice of Inquiry?
- Contents of Notice of Inquiry.
- Length of notice prior to D.I.
- Delivery of Notice of Inquiry.
- [Activity 4: Can an Investigator Double Up As Prosecutor?]
- Appointment letter of – D.I. Panel Members, Secretary, Prosecutor, Company Witnesses.
- Panel Members Eligibility to sit on D.I. Panel.
- Number of Panel Members.
DAY 2MODULE 6 : CONDUCT OF INQUIRY
- Preliminary Briefing.
- Pleadings of Accuses – Guilty, Not Guilty.
- Presentation of Prosecutor’s Case.
- Presentation of Accused Evidence.
- Determination of guilty or innocent.
- 5 issues the Panel must examine.
- 3 Findings of the Panel.
- Options of Punishment.
- [Activity 5: Can the Management overrule decision of D.I. Panel?]
- Case study will be provided
- 7 Situations that Contribute to a Defective D.I.
- 10 Mistakes at a D.I.
All Level of Executives and Managerial
30th & 31st January 2023 (Monday & Tuesday)
9.00am – 5.00pm
14 hours (2 full days)
Hartamas HQ Training Room
Have an enquiry? Please share your information